Now that fall has arrived, it’s the perfect time start making some fun fall crafts for kids! One of our favorite crafts for kids is this glass jar lantern. It’s perfect for lighting up those cool fall evenings! (We’ve also made a similar lantern using tissue paper and added a beaded handle. You can see the directions for that glass jar lantern here.)
One of my favorite things about this glass jar lantern craft is how easy it is for kids to make. I really just needed to be there to monitor and guide, but Lucy was able to do the majority of it on her own! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
- Glass jar (We used a Mason jar.)
- Mod Podge
- Liquid watercolors (I used Stockmar Watercolor Paints.)
- Paintbrushes & paint tray or little cups to hold your watercolor
1. Prepare your paints. Make the liquid watercolors and then add some Mod Podge to each one.
2. Paint your jar anyway you want. Lucy love this part and spent a lot of time mixing the colors. “Look, Mom! I’m getting lots of different shades of orange!”
3. Let the jar dry.
4. Add a candle to the jar. We used a battery operated flicker tea light .
This was such a fun fall craft for kids that can be done by any age! We like to put painted glass lantern by our nature table at night or use it as a centerpiece on our kitchen table during dinner time!
How do you decorate for fall?
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like: