Here’s a simple frog craft and duck craft for kids just perfect for the spring and summer months. Simply print out the free template, grab a few supplies, and you’re all ready to create!
Follow our Crafts for Kids Pinterest board for even more ideas!
This post contains affiliate links.
Are you ready to make some super cute pond crafts? You’ll love these adorable frog and duck paper crafts. Simply trace, cut, and glue, and you’ve got some adorable animal crafts for spring and summer. These crafts would go great with some of our favorite children’s books like Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey, Over and Under the Pond by Kate Messner and City Dog, Country Frog by Mo Willems.
Frog Craft and Duck Craft for Kids
Materials for Frog and Duck Crafts
- Glue stick or liquid glue
- Construction paper in various colors
- Googly eyes or black marker to draw your own eyes
- Optional: White art paper (This is our favorite art paper– inexpensive and works with a wide variety of media.)
- Optional: Blue watercolor paint and paintbrush (You can also use liquid watercolors.)
- Free Printable Template
Directions for Making the Duck or Duckling Craft
2. Cut out the duck template on the left.
3. Trace the entire duck body onto yellow paper.
4. Then cut the duck head off the tracer. Use it to trace just the duck head onto yellow paper.
5. Trace two wings onto yellow paper.
6. Trace two feet and a bill onto orange paper.
7. Cut out all your pieces.
8. Glue your orange beak and two googly eyes onto your duck head. (You can also draw the duck eyes with a black marker.)
9. To make the head stick up and wobble, cut a strip of yellow paper about 2 inches long. Fold it back and forth (as shown in the photo below) and glue one end to the back of the duck head and the other end to the duck head outline already on the body.
10. Glue on your two duck wings.
11. Glue on your duck feet using the same method in step 9 so you have wobbly duck feet.
How to Make the Frog Craft
2. Cut out the entire frog shape from your printable and trace it onto green paper. Cut it out.
3. Now cut your frog tracer apart so you have a frog head and frog arms. Trace them onto a different shade of green paper.
4. Glue the frog arms onto the frog body.
5. Trace the frog legs onto the same color paper you used for your arms and cut them out. Accordion fold a small strip of paper, and use it to glue the frog legs to the frog body (as shown in the photo below). Now you have wobbly frog legs!
6. Make your frog face. Glue googly eyes onto your frog (or draw the eyes with a black marker). Draw the nose and mouth. Add two paper circle cheeks. Glue your frog head onto the frog body.
Optional: Create a pond background for your duck and frog craft.
- Use blue watercolor to paint your white art paper.
- Trace the pond outlines onto blue paper and cut out.
- Use the bottom of the same pond tracers and trace them onto a different shade of blue. Cut them out as thin, wavy lines as shown below. Glue them onto the blue pond pieces.
- Cut out some water drops.
- Glue all the pieces onto your painted paper. Add your frog and duck to the pond background.
That’s it! Display your adorable frog and duck!