Here’s an easy ghost craft for kids to make this Halloween- a ghost necklace using cotton balls! This puffy ghost necklace is perfect for toddlers, preschool, and kindergarten. It’s a great way for young kids to get fine motor practice while creating, and they’ll love wearing their cute ghost necklaces all around the house and at school! This post also includes a free ghost template to help you get started.
This post contains affiliate links.
Cotton ball ghosts are a must during Halloween! And the best part about these cotton ball, puffy ghosts is kids can wear them when they’re finished creating! I love how simple this craft is, making it great for a last minute Halloween activity or even a fun project for a Halloween party!
Our Favorite Picture Books for Halloween
Cotton Ball Ghost Necklace Craft for Kids
Materials for Cotton Ball Ghost Craft
- Cardboard or posterboard
- Liquid glue
- Cotton balls
- Black craft foam or black construction paper
- Ribbon or yarn
- Free ghost template
Directions for Cotton Ball Ghost Craft
1. Print out the free ghost template. Cut out the ghost shape and use it to trace a ghost shape onto your cardboard or posterboard. Cut out the ghost from your cardboard or posterboard.
2. Glue cotton balls all over the front of the cardboard ghost shape with liquid glue. (An adult or older kids could also use a glue gun.) Encourage children to try to fill in the entire ghost with cotton balls.
3. Cut two round circles for eyes, and an oval shape for the mouth from either black craft foam, construction paper or cardstock. Kids can draw any eye and mouth they shapes they’d like!
4. Glue the two eyes and the mouth shape to the front of the cotton ball ghost.
5. Turn the puffy ghost over, and glue a long loop of ribbon or yarn to the top back of the ghost to make it a necklace. You can use black or orange yarn or even a festive looking ribbon.
Hang your puffy ghost necklace around your neck and wear it proudly! You can even hang your ghost up as a Halloween decoration.
See it in action here: