Our animal charades game for kids is such a fun way to get the kids moving and using their imagination! Print out this free printable game for family game night or to keep the kids busy on your next rainy day!
Follow our Free Printables Pinterest board!
The kids had so much fun with our Halloween Charades Game last fall, that I just had to make another charades game! Since kids (especially toddlers and preschoolers) love acting out animal sounds and actions, I decided to make this our newest charades game animal themed. The charades cards have both pictures and words so children that aren’t yet reading can still participate.
Animal Charades for Kids
1. Print out the free charades printables.
2. Cut out the rectangles with the pictures and words to be guessed and fold them up. Place the folded papers in a container.
3. Take turns drawing a paper from the container and acting it out (without talking) in front of your audience until someone guesses it correctly.
- Usually charades is meant to be played without using words or sounds, but you can always adapt it depending on the age of the children playing. Toddlers may enjoy making the animals sounds in addition to doing the animal actions!
- You can make up your own rules to suit your family or group of kids. We would start out the game with the rule that the actor could not make any noises. If no one in the audience was able to guess the correct answer, we would start giving clues and allowing sounds.
- Make it your own– Lucy has been adding more and more papers with new animals to our charade basket over the last couple of days.