Grab just a couple supplies and make these adorable Christmas light ornaments! This quick and easy craft for kids can be done with children of almost all ages and is perfect for a holiday party.
This post contains affiliate links.
We are on a roll with our pom pom and clear bulb ornament crafts. (Be sure to check out our Grinch ornaments and snowflake ornaments made using the same method.)
I just love the simplicity of the craft and how they are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, and even adults! These Christmas light ornaments are easy to make, and because they are seasonal, you can keep them up to decorate after Christmas. Maybe string them along a window or hang them on a mini tree. Also, be sure to check out the picture book Moosletoe by Margie Palatini. It would pair nicely with this ornament craft!
Christmas Light Ornament Craft
Materials for Christmas Light Ornament
- Clear, plastic bulb ornaments (It might also be fun to try out plastic ornaments that snap together.)
- Green pom poms
- Oil-based markers in various colors (We bought some similar to these at our local craft store.)
Directions for Christmas Light Ornament
1. Remove the top of your clear plastic bulb and fill it green pom poms until it is full. (Great fine motor practice for little ones!) Place the top back on the ornament.
2. Use your black oil-based marker to draw a curvy line all around your ornament. Then use your colored oil-based markers to add colorful lights around the black line. Let it dry.
3. Hang it on your tree to enjoy. We left ours as is, but you could also tie a festive Christmas bow around the top!
Looking for some fun STEM / STEAM activities for Christmas? Check out our STEAM Kids Christmas Ebook!
Countdown to Christmas with captivating STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) activities that will wow the boredom right out of kids!
Inside the book you’ll find:
— 25 days of holiday projects for kids
— Printable, buildable advent calendar
— Christmas STEAM Challenge Cards
— Shopping lists to make prep easy — And more…