Here’s a super simple Grinch themed Christmas ornament for kids to make. It only requires a few materials and can be done in just one sitting. It’s perfect for kids of all ages, including toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners and on up!
This post contains affiliate links.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss is a definite classic and one of our favorite stories to read during the holidays. This homemade ornament craft for kids is perfect to make after reading the story. It can be done in about 20-30 minutes, also making it a great activity for a classroom party!
The Grinch Ornament Craft for Kids
Materials for The Grinch Christmas Ornament Craft
- Clear, plastic bulb ornaments (We bought ours at our local craft store. These plastic ornaments that snap in half might be fun to try too!)
- Pom poms in a variety of green shades, sizes and textures
- Red oil-based marker (Again, we bought ours at our local craft store. They are similar to these.)
Directions for The Grinch Ornament Craft
1. Take off the top of your clear plastic bulb and fill it with a variety of green pom poms until it is full. (Great fine motor practice for little ones!) We found a bunch of different ones at our local craft store and also received some from CraftProjectIdeas.com. Here’s a few ideas: .5 inch kelly green, .25 inch kelly green, neon green pom poms. Replace the top.
2. Use a red oil-based marker to draw a heart on the ornament. Allow it to dry. (You can also use Sharpies, but the color won’t stand out quite as much.)
3. You can even add some details to your heart with other colors!
Hang on the tree and enjoy!
Looking for some fun STEM / STEAM activities for Christmas? Check out our STEAM Kids Christmas Ebook!
Countdown to Christmas with captivating STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) activities that will wow the boredom right out of kids!
Inside the book you’ll find:
— 25 days of holiday projects for kids
— Printable, buildable advent calendar
— Christmas STEAM Challenge Cards
— Shopping lists to make prep easy
— And more…