This paper angel Christmas ornament craft is so simple to make, yet really stands out on the Christmas tree! To create this ornament, kids simply cut and glue white paper strips in various shapes. So simple and perfect as a last minute Christmas craft for kids! (A free printable template is provided.)
Be sure to check out our collection of 30 Christmas Ornaments for Kids to Make when you’re done here!
This post contains affiliate links.
Sometimes the easiest crafts are the ones that really make the most impact. That’s definitely the case with this paper strip angel Christmas ornament. It’s simplicity really stands out when hanging on the tree. I feel peaceful and happy just looking at it!
It’s super easy to make and a great Christmas craft for kids. To make this ornament you’ll just be gluing various strips of paper into shapes and then combining them to form an angel. You can cut your own strips of paper or use the free printable template provided below in the directions.
Paper Strip Angel Christmas Ornament Craft
Materials for Paper Angel Christmas Ornament
Scissors or paper cutter
Yarn, twine, or string
- For the wings: Two strips of paper 3/4 inch x 6 inches
- For the head: One strip 3/4 inch x 4 inches
- For the top of the body: One strip 3/4 inch x 7 inches
- For the bottom of the body: One strip 3/4 inch x 3 1/2 inch
Directions for Paper Angel Christmas Ornament Craft
1. Place glue onto one edge of your 4 inch long strip and glue it into a circle. Set it aside.
2. Make an angel wing by placing some glue on one edge of a 6 inch strip and gluing the other end down on top of it to form a teardrop shape as shown below. Do this for the second wing. Set them aside.
3. To make the angel’s body place glue onto both ends of the 7 inch strip and glue them down onto each end of the 3 1/2 inch strip, forming a bell shape as shown below.
4. Glue the head on top of the body.
5. Glue each wing to the side of the angel. You can have the wings face out, down, or up!
6. Cut a piece of yarn or twine and tie it through the head of the angel to form a loop for hanging.
Watch how to make it here!
Tips and Ideas
- When gluing your paper together, you might need to press and hold the paper securely for a few seconds to let it dry and stick together pretty securely before moving onto the next step. We didn’t have much trouble with our glue sticks, but if you do, you can always use a paperclip to hold your paper in place while it dries.
- These paper angels would also look really pretty strung together as a garland or hanging from a large stick to form a Christmas mobile!
- Children can also embellish their angels with markers, sequins, pearl or clear gems or other craft items.
- Try making angels in different colors!
Looking for some fun STEM / STEAM activities for Christmas? Check out our STEAM Kids Christmas Ebook!
Countdown to Christmas with captivating STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) activities that will wow the boredom right out of kids!
Inside the book you’ll find:
— 25 days of holiday projects for kids
— Printable, buildable advent calendar
— Christmas STEAM Challenge Cards
— Shopping lists to make prep easy
— And more…