To make this cute paper snowman craft for kids, you’ll just need some paper and glue! It’s such an easy craft for winter and the free printable template makes it a perfect last minute craft with minimal prep.
Follow our Winter Crafts for Kids Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate links.
We have been on a roll with all our paper strip crafts! (Be sure to check out our paper angels, paper cardinal, and paper fish!) This snowman is just as simple to make as our previous paper strip crafts and looks super cute! As with the other paper crafts, you have the option of cutting out your own paper strips or just printing out the template and letting the kids color and cut out their own paper strips for the craft.
These paper snowmen look cute hung up around the home or classroom. You could even add some paper winter snowflakes to really add to the winter scene!
Be sure to check out our other paper strip crafts!
- Paper Strip Angel Ornament
- Paper Strip Fish
- Paper Strip Cardinal
- Paper Strip Snowman
- Paper Strip Heart Structures
Paper Snowman Craft for Kids
Materials for Paper Snowman Craft for Kids
Scissors or Paper Cutter (This is the paper cutter I use at home.)
Optional: String for hanging
Construction Paper or Cardstock Cut into the Following Sizes
- For the snowman body: Three strips of white paper (11 inches x 3/4 inch, 9 inches x 3/4 inch, and 7 inches x 3/4 inch)
- For the snowman hat: Two strips of black paper (5 1/2 inches x 3/4 inch and 2 1/2 inches x 3/4 inch)
- For the scarf: One red strip of paper 2 1/2 inches x 1/3 inch
- For the arms: Two brown strips of paper, both 3 inches x 1/2 inch, plus some little scraps of brown paper
Directions for Paper Snowman Craft
1. Glue each of your white paper strips into a circle. Glue the three circles together to form a paper snowman body.
2. To make the hat, fold the 5 1/2 inch x 3/4 inch black strip into a partial rectangular shape as shown below. Glue it onto the 2 1/2 inch x 3/4 inch black strip to form a hat. Glue it on top of your snowman.
3. Glue each brown strip to the sides of the snowman as shown below. Cut little pieces of brown paper and glue them to the arms to make them resemble sticks.
4. To make your scarf, cut off about 1/2 inch of the red strip. Fringe that small piece you cut off by cutting lots of slits along the side. Glue it back onto the rest of the red strip at a bit of an angle to form a scarf. Glue (or tape) to your snowman.
5. Hang your snowman for winter!