Turn a mini pumpkin into an adorable spider craft for Halloween! This art project is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and on up!
Follow our Halloween for Kids Pinterest board!
I love having most of our holiday and seasonal decorations made by the kids. They feel so proud when they can help ready our home for holidays with their own creations!
We’ve already created quite a few decorations for fall and Halloween: our tear art fall wreaths, these hanging bats, and our fall leaf mobile! Now we’ve got some cute little spider pumpkins to add to the display! (This post contains affiliate links.)
Halloween Crafts for Kids: Spider Pumpkins
Materials for Spider Pumpkin Craft
- Mini pumpkin
- Black paint and paintbrush (We used this tempera paint.)
- Black construction paper
- Googly eyes
Directions for Making Spider Pumpkin Craft
1. Start by painting your mini pumpkin black and let it dry completely. (This step both my preschooler and first grader were able to do independently.)
2. Cut out eight legs for your spider from the black construction paper. Ours were about 4.5 in. x .75 in.
3. Accordion fold (fold back and forth) all eight legs. (My preschooler needed quite a bit of help with this step.)
4. Glue some googly eyes onto your pumpkin.
I think these spiders are absolutely adorable! Here’s how Theo’s turned out (my preschooler)…
… and here’s Lucy’s spider pumpkin (my 1st grader).
These little spider pumpkins are now proudly sitting up on our mantle helping us get ready for Halloween!
*This post was originally published on September 29, 2014 and has since been updated.