Springtime always inspires us to create bright and colorful crafts for kids…. just like these textured tissue paper flowers! Not only are they fun to make, but they serve as a wonderful spring decoration!
Are you following our Spring Crafts & Learning for Kids Pinterest Board?
We’ve been having a blast making all kinds of flower crafts lately (like these watercolor and oil pastel flowers), but I think these are actually the first flowers we’ve made from tissue paper this year. These textured tissue paper flowers were super easy to make and only required a few common crafting materials. (This post contains affiliate links. Thank you so much for your support!)
Textured Tissue Paper Flowers
Materials for Flower Craft
Directions for Flower Craft
1. This flower craft is made by crumpling up little tissue paper squares into balls. Some kids have never done this before so it’s helpful to practice a few together before beginning the project.
2. You’ll start by gluing 4 tissue paper balls to the center of your paper.
3. Add some glue around the outside of the tissue paper center, and glue another ring of crumpled up tissue paper.
4. Continue doing this until you are happy with the size of your flower.
5. Let it dry completely, and then cut it out.
6. Cut out a flower stem from green construction paper and glue it to the back of your tissue paper flower.
7. Make as many as you want to create your own tissue paper flower garden! (We hung ours up in the kitchen using our favorite hanging material, removable poster putty. It doesn’t ruin your walls, and it allows you to reposition things over and over!)
Be sure not to miss these other spring activities on Buggy and Buddy:
- An Invitation to Explore & Sketch Flowers
- Chromatography Butterflies
- Over 20 Gorgeous Flower Crafts for Kids
- Learning and Playing with an Alphabet Flower Garden