Here’s a fun and easy Halloween craft for kids that encourages fine motor skills practice and turns out really cute- spider webs made with popsicle sticks and yarn! These are super simple to create and make great Halloween decorations for the home or classroom.
Follow our Halloween for Kids Pinterest board!
We used common craft supplies to make these adorable yarn and popsicle stick spider webs for Halloween! They’re super easy to make and make the perfect Halloween decorations for your home or classroom. This post contains affiliate links.
See it in action here!
Popsicle Stick and Yarn Spider Web Craft for Kids
Materials for Spider Web Craft for Kids
- Popsicle sticks
- Glue (or a hot glue gun)
- Tempera paint in Halloween colors (This is my favorite tempera paint! It doesn’t have a strong smell, and I love the bold colors.)
- Yarn in black, white, and/or orange.
- Optional: Spider stickers
Directions for Making the Spider Web Craft for Kids
2. Paint your popsicle sticks with tempera paint.
3. Once the paint has dried, cut off a long piece of yarn.
Tie one end to a popsicle stick.
Wrap your yarn around each popsicle stick. (Although preschoolers most likely will not able to make their yarn look exactly like a spider web, they can still wrap yarn around the popsicle sticks in any way they choose. They’ll still be proud of their finished Halloween decoration and even gain some fine motor practice too!)
4. Once your done wrapping the yarn, tie the end to a popsicle stick. Leave a tail of yarn for hanging your spider web.