Save those empty egg cartons and use them to make colorful egg carton flowers. This is such a simple and gorgeous craft for kids to make in spring or for Mother’s Day!
Follow our Crafts for Kids Pinterest board!
The kids and I love making flower crafts using egg cartons. (In the past we’ve made egg carton sunflowers and egg carton bluebells. Be sure to check them out!) You can pretty much cut egg cartons to resemble any type of flower you’d like and paint them any color. In this tutorial I’ll show you how to make basic egg carton flowers. You can glue them onto popsicle sticks or homemade greeting cards for a cool 3-D effect! (This post contains affiliate links.)
How to Make Egg Carton Flowers
Materials for Egg Carton Flowers
- Empty egg carton
- Scissors (These are my favorite crafting scissors for adults.)
- Acrylic or tempera paint
Directions for Making Egg Carton Flowers
1. Cut apart your egg carton so you have 12 round sections.
2. Cut out triangular pieces from the edge of your egg carton section, making pointy looking petals.
3. Gently press the petals down.
6. Glue your egg carton flowers to a homemade greeting card or to some popsicle sticks or straws!