Getting ready for Groundhog’s Day? Check out these 14 easy and cute Groundhog Day crafts for kids! You’ll find puppets, printables, a mask, and even a Groundhog Day themed hat.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I remember getting excited each year for Groundhog Day as a child! “What would the groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, tell us about the weather this year?” I’d wonder.
If you’re not familiar with Groundhog Day, it’s a tradition started in 1887 that occurs on February 2nd each year in the United States. Everyone watches to see what Punxsutawney Phil is going to do. If he comes out of his hole and sees his shadow, he gets scared and runs back into his burrow, predicting six more weeks of winter weather. If he doesn’t see his shadow and remains outside his burrow, it means an early spring!
It’s a fun tradition for kids! They can predict what will happen and then watch it live on the television as it takes place. To build up to the fun day, you can try out some of these cute Groundhog Day crafts.
Picture Books Perfect for Groundhog Day
14 Easy and Cute Groundhog Day Crafts for Kids
- Groundhog Day Agamograph Template from easypeasyandfun.com
- Cupcake Liner Groundhog Day Craft from iheartcraftythings.com
- Paper Plate Groundhog from iheartcraftythings.com
- Cute Groundhog Day Felt Puppet from familyfocusblog.com
- Felt Groundhog Finger Puppet from skiptomylou.org
- Groundhog Day Craft Activity With Printable Pattern from jinxykids.com
- Groundhog Day Paper Plate Craft from sightandsoundreading.com
- Simple Paper Groundhog Day Craft from easypeasyandfun.com
- Groundhog Day Mask Craft from iheartcraftythings.com
- Construction Paper Groundhog Puppet Craft For Kids from typicallysimple.com
- Groundhog Day Printable Craft from myveryeducatedmother.com
- Groundhog Day Hat Craft from sightandsoundreading.com
- Easy And Fun Groundhog Paper Bag Puppet from kidsactivitiesblog.com
- Groundhog Pom Pom Craft from thejoysofboys.com