This sunflower egg carton craft for kids is perfect for summer or fall. You’ll only need a few materials to create this simple flower craft, and the activity is suitable for a wide variety of ages!
Follow our Crafts for Kids Pinterest board!
Kids will love being able to transform an egg carton into a bright and cheerful sunflower! The process is super simple and uses supplies you most likely already have right at home or in the classroom.
This post contains affiliate links.
Sunflower Egg Carton Craft for Kids
Materials for Sunflower Egg Carton Craft
- Egg carton
- Scissors (I love these craft scissors for adults.)
- Yellow paint (We used acrylic paint.)
- Brown tissue paper
- Liquid glue
- Green construction paper
- White art paper (This is our favorite all-purpose art paper for kids.)
Directions for Making the Sunflower Egg Carton Craft
1. Use scissors to cut off one section of your egg carton and round the edge.
2. Cut from the outer edge towards the center numerous times. Try to space out your cuts somewhat evenly.
3. Press the resulting petals down to create your sunflower shape.
4. Paint your egg carton sunflower yellow. We used a couple coats of acrylic paint.
5. Crumple up little squares of brown tissue paper and glue them into the center of your sunflower. (You can also use mini pompoms or even real sunflower seeds.)
6. Cut out some stems and leaves from your green construction paper.
7. Glue the stems, leaves, and sunflower tops onto your white paper to create your sunflower art!