Celebrate Earth Day with this adorable daisy craft using cupcake liners. These sweet Earth Day daisies are a great reminder of how important it is to take care of our planet. The post includes free printable inserts for the center of your flower.
Follow our Earth Day for Kids Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate links.
This simple daisy craft for kids using cupcake liners is a fun one for Earth Day! Children can color in their mini planet Earth and place it in the center of their daisy craft as a reminder to take care of our planet. (You can also do this craft any day of the year- simply place a colored circle in the center of your daisy or some pom poms or colorful buttons.)
Earth Day Daisy Craft for Kids
Materials for Earth Day Daisy Craft
- Green cardstock or construction paper
- Blue cardstock or construction paper
- Crayons, markers or colored pencils
- White cupcake liners
- Paper straws (Similar to these)
- Free Printable Earth Template
Directions for Making Earth Day Daisy Craft
1. Print out the free template.
2. Use markers, crayons or colored pencils to color the Earth green and blue.
3. Use scissors to cut each Earth template. (You’ll need one per daisy.)
4. Cut out small leaves from your green cardstock or construction paper.
5. Flatten a white cupcake liner and fold in half. Fold the cupcake liner three more times. (See photo below.)
6. Round the top of the folded cupcake liner with your scissors.
7. Unfold the cupcake liner. Do this again with another cupcake liner.
8. Glue the two cupcake liners together, and then glue the Earth into the center of your white daisy.
9. Glue a paper straw onto blue cardstock or construction paper.
10. Glue the flower onto the paper straw.
11. Glue leaves onto the cardstock, right against the paper straw.
That’s it! You’ve made an adorable Earth Day daisy! These look beautiful hanging up around the home or classroom.