Make a sea otter paper bag puppet craft for kids with our free sea otter printable template. This project is super quick and easy and perfect to add to your ocean or sea life unit. There’s so many ways to make it your own- paint it, color it, add a starfish or baby sea otter to your puppet. So many possibilities! (This post includes free baby sea otter template and a free starfish template as options to use in your project.)
This post contains affiliate links.
We absolutely fell in love with our stuffed paper bag sea otter craft we made recently, and so we just had to make another sea otter craft, this cute and easy sea otter paper bag puppet. This sea life project is a quick one, you’ll just need a few supplies. And kids can use their finished puppets to put on a puppet show, use it to share what they’ve learned about sea otters, or use their completed sea otter puppets to retell a story like Together– Emma Dodd’s Love You Books. (This one is super cute!)
More Sea Otter Books for Kids
Sea Otter Paper Bag Puppet Craft
Materials for Sea Otter Paper Bag Puppet Craft
- Brown paper lunch bag
- White cardstock , white art paper, or paper bag colored cardstock
- Glue (Glue stick, Tacky glue or glue dots will all work for this project.)
- Free Printable Sea Otter Template
See it in action!
Directions for Sea Otter Paper Bag Puppet Craft
1. Print out your free sea otter template. If printing it on paper bag colored cardstock, move onto step 2.
You can also print your sea otter onto white cardstock or white art paper. (You’ll just have to trim the art paper to 8 1/2 x 11 inches to print.)
Either color your sea otter with crayons, colored pencils, or markers, or you can paint it with watercolors.
2. Cut out the sea otter pieces.
3. Glue the head to the top flap of the paper bag.
4. Glue the arms and feet onto your bag. You can glue your arms facing out or facing in if you want the sea otter holding something.
You can have your sea otter holding a baby sea otter.
Print out our free baby sea otter template here.
Or you can paint or color a starfish for your sea otter to hold. We used tempera paint and cotton swabs to paint our sea stars.
Print out our free starfish template here.
5. Let the glue dry. Add any details you’d like with crayons or colored pencils. You’re done!
Have fun playing with your sea otter puppet!