Make Dad a special and unique superhero card for Father’s Day using spinning paper plates and our free template. This craft is a simple one for children to help make and will be a special keepsake for fathers!
This post contains affiliate links.
Looking for a unique homemade Father’s Day card for kids to make? This superhero paper plate spinner card is perfect for Dad! You’ll just need a few simple crafting supplies and the free printable templates to tell your dad that he’s just like Superman, Deadpool, Ironman, and Captain America. Both the kids and dads will love this one!
See it in action here!
Homemade Superhero Father’s Day Card: Paper Plate Spinner Craft for Kids
Materials for Father’s Day Superhero Paper Plate Spinner Card
- Paper plates (This thick plate works great for the outside, but you can also just use regular paper plates.)
- Paint in red, blue and black
- Paintbrushes or foam brushes
- Glue stick (I like this strong glue stick.)
- Free printable template
Directions for Father’s Day Superhero Paper Plate Spinner Card
1. Cut out the two circular templates, both templates A and B.
2. Use a pencil to draw an ‘x’ pattern onto the plate. The plate is now divided into four equal sections.
3. Paint the right hand section red, left section blue and the top black.
4. Glue template B to a separate paper plate and cut it out.
5. Use scissors to make a hole in the center of the cut out paper plate and template. (Make sure an adult does this step.)
6. Glue template A in the center of the painted plate. Cut out the bottom section.
7. Line up template B under template A until you can see the superhero in the cut out section. Use the hole that was poked through template B as a guide to create a hole in template A.
8. Put the crafting brad through both paper plates. Secure the crafting brad on the back of the plates.
It’s done and ready for Dad to spin! What a fun homemade Father’s Day card for a superhero dad!