Now that fall has arrived, it’s the perfect time start making some fun fall crafts for kids! One of our favorite crafts for kids is this Mason jar lantern craft. It’s perfect for lighting up those cool fall evenings! (There’s also another lantern craft using tissue paper and wooden beads on Buggy and Buddy! Be sure to check it out!)
Are you following our Crafts for Kids Pinterest board?
One of my favorite things about this glass jar lantern craft is how easy it is for kids to make. I really just needed to be there to monitor and guide, but Lucy was able to do the majority of it on her own! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Materials for Mason Jar Craft
- Mason jar or other glass jar
- Mod Podge
- Liquid watercolors (I used Stockmar Watercolor Paints.)
- Paintbrushes & paint tray or little cups to hold your watercolor
Directions for Mason Jar Craft
2. Paint your jar anyway you want. Lucy loved this part and spent a lot of time mixing the colors. “Look, Mom! I’m getting lots of different shades of orange!”
3. Let the jar dry.
4. Add a candle to the jar. We used a battery operated flicker tea light .
This was such a fun fall craft for kids that can be done by any age! We like to put painted glass lantern by our nature table at night or use it as a centerpiece on our kitchen table during dinner time!
How do you decorate for fall?
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like: