Now that it’s fall, it’s the perfect time to whip up some apple scented playdough. It’s super easy to make and the apple scent adds a great sensory element to play. Here’s how to make apple scented playdough! (This post contains affiliate links.)
Are you following our Recipes for Play and Creating Pinterest board?
We love making our own playdoughs. (Be sure to check out our ocean playdough. I love the colors in it!) In this apple playdough recipe I used red washable liquid watercolor to give it a bright red color. If you don’t have liquid watercolors, you can use red food coloring- just be sure to notate the different water amounts in the directions below.
Ingredients for Apple Scented Playdough
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup water and 1/3 cup red liquid watercolor (If you are using food coloring instead, add 1 cup water and however many drops of food coloring you’d like.)
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon oil (We used vegetable oil.)
- 2 teaspoons apple flavoring (We found ours at our local craft store in the baking section.)
Directions for Making Apple Scented Playdough
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a pan over medium heat.
The apple playdough can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!
Looking for some apple playdough inspiration?
- I love this Apple Play Dough Invitation to Play from Fantastic Fun and Learning!
- Forgs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails also shares a fun way to use apple playdough with pipe cleaners!