This heart valentine holder made from a brown paper bag is a fun Valentine’s Day craft for kids of all ages! Children will love personalizing their finished valentine holder and will even get in some fine motor practice while making it.
Follow our Valentine’s Day for Kids Pinterest board!
Here’s a super simple heart-shaped valentine holder you children or students can make from an old grocery bag. We decorated ours by stamping with sponges, but you could personalize them any way you’d like! (This post contains affiliate links.)
Heart Valentine Holder Made from a Brown Paper Grocery Bag
Materials for Heart Valentine Holder
- Brown paper grocery bag
- Single hole punch (I LOVE this single hole punch. It can punch through quite a bit with very little effort. Very handy when you’ve got a lot of hole punching to do!)
- Tempera paint (This is our absolute favorite tempera paint!)
- Circle-shaped sponge
Directions for Making Heart-Shaped Valentine Holder
1. Cut the front and back sections off of a brown paper grocery bag. Cut one large heart out from each piece so you have two paper bag hearts.
3. Once the paint has dried, stack your two hearts and use a single hole punch to punch holes along the sides and bottom of the hearts.
4. Cut off a long piece of yarn and use it lace the two hearts together.
5. Tie the string together at the top for hanging.
Use your heart valentine holder to collect all your valentines!