These free printable scratch-off valentine cards make creating your own valentines for Valentine’s Day super special and lots of fun for the recipient! Kids can write their own personalized messages to their friends or classmates on the valentine card and then cover the message and hide the secret valentine wish until it’s scratched off by the recipient. So much fun!
Follow our DIY Valentine’s Day Cards for Kids Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate links.
Here’s an easy and super fun way for kids to make their own valentines for their friends, family members, or classmates- print out these adorable valentine cards on cardstock, write your own message, and cover it with a scratch-off sticker. Children will love getting to scratch the card to reveal their special valentine wish!
Free Printable Scratch-Off Valentine Cards for Kids
Materials for Printable Scratch-Off Valentine Cards
- White cardstock (and a printer)
- Scissors or a paper cutter (This is the paper cutter I use at home. It’s great to have on hand for small projects.)
- Scratch-off stickers (2 inches x 1 inch)
- Optional: Various envelope options are listed at the end of the post.
- Free Valentine template
Directions for Making Printable Scratch-Off Valentine Cards
1. Print out your free sheet of valentine cards onto white cardstock.
2. Cut the cards apart.
3. Use a pen to write a message inside the blank rectangle on each card. (Younger kids can even draw a picture!)
4. Cover the message with a scratch-off sticker, and give your card to someone special.
And wait for them to scratch off the sticker to reveal their special message!
You can give these to someone special just as they are, or try out these options:
- Fold them in half and seal with a heart sticker.
- The valentines fit perfectly in these library pockets. You can get them in pink or a variety of colors. Fold the top down and seal it with a sticker.
- If you’re wanting to include a little goodie with your valentine, these white envelopes allow for some room for the valentine plus a small gift.
- Tape a penny on the valentines with some cute washi tape or just plain scotch tape.
Enjoy making these personalized cards for Valentine’s Day!
Looking for even more Valentine’s Day Ideas?
Be sure to check out our Valentine’s Day STEAM Ebook!
More About the Ebook:
- Inside you’ll find entertaining and educational projects like: – Valentine Rockets – Origami Hearts – DIY Valentine Speakers – and so much more!
- Perfect for children ages 4-10, all the step-by-step activities are helpfully coded with difficulty indicators and estimated project times.
- PLUS, bonus STEAM challenge cards, heart tessellations and project extensions for curious kids.
SEE IT NOW HERE!