This adorable handprint reindeer makes the perfect Christmas ornament! It would be a special gift for kids to make their parents for Christmas or a wonderful keepsake for a parent to help a child make.
Follow our Christmas for Kids and Family Pinterest board!
My favorite type of homemade Christmas ornaments are those that make a special keepsake (like our puzzle piece picture frame ornament). This handprint reindeer Christmas ornament is another way to remember how little your child once was. It will always serve as a special memory each year as you decorate your Christmas tree! This post contains affiliate links.
Handprint Reindeer Christmas Ornament
Materials for Handprint Reindeer Christmas Ornament
- White art paper
- Brown tempera paint
- Mini red pom pom (optional- We received ours from CraftProjectIdeas.com)
- Paper for background
- Single hole punch
Directions for Making Handprint Reindeer Ornament
1. Paint a layer of brown paint on your child’s hand using a paintbrush.
2. Have your child spread his/her fingers apart and make a handprint onto the white art paper. (I made a couple just in case one didn’t turn out.)
3. Let the handprint dry completely.
4. Invite your child to add reindeer details to the handprint using markers. We drew an eye, hooves, antlers, and a tail.
5. Glue a mini red pom pom onto your reindeer for the nose. (Or you can simply draw a red nose using a marker.)
6. Cut out the finished reindeer. Write your child’s name and the date on the paper.
7. Mount it onto some background paper.
8. Cut it out again leaving a border. Punch a hole into the top and tie a ribbon for hanging.
Looking for the perfect gift? Be sure to check out all our gift guides for kids!