This post contains affiliate links.
So I absolutely LOVE birds, and the kids and I have had a blast painting rocks in the past, so I couldn’t wait to share this tutorial for making your own painted bird rocks with you! It’s perfect for adults and children and would be such a fun activity to do together with your child, grandchildren or students. It would also make a great activity for summer camp.
Are you a fellow bird lover? Be sure to follow my Everything Birdie Facebook page for all kinds of adorable bird crafts, DIYs and products!
Painted Bird Rock Tutorial
Materials for Painted Bird Rock
- Rock(s) (You can find your own or purchase them online or at a local store. Just be sure to purchase rocks without glaze on them.)
- Paint pens (Posca paint pens seem to work the best on rocks.)
- Fine point, black paint pen for outlining
- Pencil with an eraser
- Paper for sketching
- Glossy Sealer or Matte Sealer
Directions for Painted Bird Rock
- First draw the outline of the bird.
- Add a tail, wing and feathers.
- Add some feet, a beak and an eye.