Here’s a unique and easy Christmas craft for kids using craft sticks ~ Abstract Homemade Christmas Ornaments! Not only is this an easy Christmas ornament for the kids to make, but it’s also a great way to use up some scraps from previous Christmas crafts! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Do you remember one of our previous Christmas crafts on Buggy and Buddy called Decorate the Felt Christmas Tree? When I cut out all the little felt ornament circles for that craft, I saved all the scraps thinking I could use them for a future project. And here it is…
Abstract Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- Mini wood craft sticks (I received mine free from Craftprojectideas.com .)
- Liquid glue (like Tacky Glue or Elmer’s)
- Little scraps of felt or paper (The crazier the shapes, the better!)
- Some yarn or string for hanging
1. Glue together 4 mini wood craft sticks to form a square. (I used my hot glue gun for this and did it ahead of time.)
2. Spread out your mini scraps on the table so it’s easy to see all your options. Begin gluing them onto your wooden square.
3. After covering all four sides, let it dry.
4. Tie on some yarn or string for hanging.
5. You can leave it as-is, or glue a picture inside to use as an ornament frame!
Other Christmas Crafts & Activities for Kids