Children of all ages will enjoy one of our favorite spring crafts for kids~ a sweet little nest and bird craft! Even my toddler enjoyed creating this adorable spring craft!
Are you following our Spring Crafts and Learning for Kids Pinterest board?
Our family has always enjoyed learning about birds. We have all kinds of birdwatching books at home to help us identify our backyard birds, and we even have our own free printable bird books to keep track of birds we’ve spotted.
So I thought it’d be perfect to do a little bird craft with the kids to help decorate for spring! Theo, my 2 1/2 year old toddler, loved taking part in this craft! (This post contains affiliate links. Thank you so much for your support!)
Spring Craft for Kids: Nest and Bird Craft
Materials for Bird Craft
- Construction paper in a variety of colors
- Liquid glue
- Googly eyes
- Brown yarn cut into small pieces
Directions for Bird Craft
1. Start out by making your birds. Cut out two circles for your bird- one for the head and one for the body. (I used our Fiskars Squeeze Punch to do this. One of my favorite crafting tools!)
2. Glue the two circles together.
3. Add some googly eyes and an orange beak.
4. Glue some feathers on your bird.
5. Follow directions 1-4 for your second bird.
6. Set your birds aside to dry and make your bird nest.
7. Cut out a nest shape from some brown construction paper. Glue scraps of brown yarn onto your nest. (This was Theo’s favorite part. He even made a connection with the craft! He ran off to his room and grabbed his ABC book, Alphablock, turned to the letter ‘n’ page, and pointed to the nest on the page!)
8. Glue your birds onto the nest.
9. Hang up your finished craft for spring! (Didn’t Theo’s bird craft turn out so cute!)
Be sure to check out these other spring activities for kids from Buggy and Buddy: