If you are looking for a fun Halloween game for kids, you’ll definitely want to try our Halloween charades free printable game! We’ve had so much fun playing this game over the last few days that I knew it was the perfect thing to share for this week’s Halloween themed Discover & Explore linky. (Be sure to link up all your posts having to do with Halloween at the end of this post.)
Our whole family has been playing Halloween charades over the last few days. Even Theo has joined in! It’s been a fun way to interact and play together as a family, and it would also make a great game or activity for a Halloween party!
Halloween Games for Kids: Charades
1. You’ll first need to print out the two Halloween charades printables. Each page has different Halloween items that can be acted out. (The second page also has some blank spaces to add your own ideas.)
2. Cut out the rectangles with the pictures and words to be guessed and fold them up. Place the folded papers in a container. We used a basket, although I just noticed today that either Theo or Lucy has moved the folded papers into the mailbox from our pretend play post office. Apparently, you can even use a mailbox!
3. Take turns drawing a paper from the container and acting it out in front of your audience until they guess it correctly. (If your child is not yet reading independently, you may want to go over each picture beforehand to be sure they know what each one is.)
You can make up your own rules to suit your family or group of kids. We would start out the game with the rule that the actor could not make any noises. If no one in the audience was able to guess the correct answer, we would start giving clues and allowing sounds.
This can be adapted to almost any age. I was so surprised that Theo (my 2 year old) even understood how to play! A few times he went to the basket and drew out a paper. He’d run around the room acting out his picture making any sounds his item might make. It was too cute!
Make it your own- Lucy has been adding more and more papers to our charade basket over the last couple of days. I have a feeling we’ll be playing this for quite some time!
We’d love for you to share how you
Discover and Explore: Halloween!
Currently Open- Halloween
October 16th- Dinosaur & Fossil Fun
October 23rd- Creating with Natural Materials
October 30th- Science Experiments for Kids
November 6th- Thanksgiving
Please read the following guidelines for sharing:
- Share family-friendly posts related to the weekly topic — kids activities, crafts, recipes, nature outings, printables, etc.
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post including one photo in our weekly feature post and on social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that have linked up, find some new ideas & meet new friends!
- If you’d like, grab a button for your post — we love to share and want to find lots of great activities to highlight for you!
The linky will remain open for one week. Then all five co-hosts will feature activities in a separate post the Friday after the linky closes. All featured posts will be shared on the Discover and Explore Pinterest Board. (Be sure to follow so you don’t miss any features!)
Don’t forget to follow all my amazing co-hosts to see what they’re sharing this week!