If you’re looking for easy valentine crafts for kids, you’ll love these heart votives! Kids always enjoy making them, and these tissue paper votives also make sweet valentine gifts for teachers and loved ones.
Follow our Crafts for Kids Pinterest board!
Lucy still remembers making this mason jar lantern a little over a year ago. She was so proud of her creation and absolutely loved watching the lantern glow in the evenings. I thought we’d create a smaller version of the craft and make it heart-themed just in time for Valentine’s Day! (This post contains affiliate links.)
Easy Valentine Crafts for Kids: Heart Votives
Materials for Heart Votives
- Small glass votives- similar to these (I found mine at our local dollar store.)
- Mod Podge (You can also use liquid starch although it can make the colors run in certain tissue papers.)
- Tissue paper squares in white and red (or any colors you’d prefer)
- Tea light or battery-powered tea light
Directions for Making Heart Votives
1. Start by cutting out some small, red hearts from your tissue paper squares. Set them aside next to some white tissue paper squares. (Or whatever colors you’ll be using)
2. Brush some Mod Podge onto your votive.
3. Place a white tissue paper square onto the Mod Podge. Paint some more Mod Podge over it.
4. Continue doing this until the entire votive is covered in a layer of tissue paper squares. (You can overlap the squares- it gives the votive a unique look!)
5. While the votive is still wet, add your tissue paper hearts to the votive. Gently place one heart onto the votive and paint a layer of Mod Podge over it. Continue doing this until you’ve scattered them all around the votive.
6. Let the votive dry completely.
7. Place a tea light inside the votive and light up your evenings!