This cheese snack cracker recipe is perfect recipe to make with your kids! You only need 3 ingredients, and children love helping cut out all the little shapes.
I love being able to make as many foods for the kids as I can myself. It makes me feel better being able to control the ingredients and know exactly what my children are eating. One of my favorite snacks to make are homemade cheese crackers. It’s so simple to whip together the dough and the kids just LOVE helping me make them! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
This recipe would of course work for any season or theme, but we’ve chosen to make ours into little fall leaf and acorn snack crackers. We used some mini fall themed cookie cutters similar to these to cut out the fall shapes.
Cheese Snack Cracker Recipe
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Line some baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Put the flour, cheese, and butter in the food processor. (We’ve had this one (except in gray) for years and love it! I used to use it all the time to make baby food.)
3. Pulse it until it’s all mixed and looks able to form into dough (about 30 seconds).
4. Using your hands, press the mixture into balls and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
5. After the dough has chilled, roll one ball at a time until it is about 1/4 inch thick. (The dough was much easier for me to work with when it warmed up a bit in my hands.)
6. Use mini cookie cutters to cut out your cracker shapes. Place them on your lined baking sheets.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-14 minutes. Place them on a cooling rack to cool. Enjoy!
These cheese snack crackers just turn out so cute and taste super yummy! They make a perfect little treat to bring to a classroom party or just to pack in your child’s lunch.