Make this cute, little bee craft using an egg carton and yarn! This easy insect activity is great for preschool and kindergarten and perfect to do in the spring, summer, or for Earth Day. Be sure to check out all kinds of creative insect crafts made from recycled materials at the end of the post!
Follow our Crafts for Kids Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate links.
Today I’m teaming up with some of my favorite craft bloggers for a super fun challenge- making insects out of recycled materials! Be sure to check them all out at the bottom of this page!
With the weather warming up, we’ve been seeing all kinds of bugs and insects outside- especially bumblebees! We decided to use an egg carton as a base for our adorable baby bee craft for kids.
I love the simplicity of this art project and especially love the fine motor practice it provides little hands.
Egg Carton Bee Craft for Kids
Materials for Egg Carton Bee Craft
- Egg carton
- Scissors (These are my favorite adult scissors for doing crafts. They’re perfect for cutting apart egg cartons!)
- Yellow paint and paintbrush
- Googly eyes
- Black yarn
- White construction paper
- Black Sharpie
Directions for Egg Carton Bee Craft
1. Cut your egg carton into sections. You’ll need one section per bee.
3. Make a small snip in the bottom, front edge of your painted egg carton. Slip one end of a piece of black yarn into the slit.
4. Wrap the black yarn around your yellow bee body. Make another small slit on the opposite, back end of your bee body. Slip the end of your yarn into the slit to hold it in place. Cut off any extra yarn.
6. Cut out some small wings from your white construction paper and glue on top of your bee.
Use your finished bees for creative play or to decorate your home or classroom for spring or summer. You can attach a string at the top and hang from the ceiling to make your bees fly!
More Insect Crafts from Recycled Materials
Cardboard Tube Grasshopper The Craft Train
Egg Carton Bee Buggy and Buddy
Recycled Milk Jug Dragonfly from Kids Craft Room
Recycled Lid Caterpillar Fireflies and Mud Pies
Recycled Bee Craft I Heart Crafty Things
Butterfly Wall Hanging Make It Your Own
Recycled CD Ladybug from I Heart Arts n Crafts