Here’s how to make adorable DIY keychains with pom poms and lip gloss or lip balm. You can do all kinds of color combinations and even use other types of keychains like macrame, tassels or even homemade keychains. These are super cute hanging on backpacks or to hold your keys. They also make wonderful handmade gifts for friends, teachers, birthday presents or special women in your life for Mother’s Day.
This post contains affiliate links.
With my little Buggy growing up and now 11 years old, I’m always on the lookout for tween or teen crafts for her. These DIY lip balm keychains with pom poms make a great crafts for kids of her age. They are great for hanging on backpacks for back to school (if your school allows them of course) or to hang on your dance bag. I even love them for myself to carry my own keys on.
I love that you can really get creative with them- all kinds of color combos and keychains to choose from. You can even make your own keychains to attach the lip balms to!
I’ve included a video tutorial in this post, as well as directions written out. I know some of us are more visual and like to see it in action. Let me know if you have any questions, tips or other ideas. I love hearing and seeing what you guys are doing. You can comment here or share on Instagram or our Facebook page.
Materials for DIY Pom Pom Lip Gloss Keychains
- Pom Pom Keychains with both a thin clasp and keyring
- Special hole punch
- Lip Balm or Lip Gloss in a tube (We used these nontoxic Jellies from Beautycounter.)
- Optional: 1 inch keyring
- Optional: Macrame Keychains in Color or in Cream
- Optional: Other fun keychains
See the Tutorial in Action
Directions for DIY Pom Pom Lip Balm Keychains
1. Use the special hole punch (or other tool you might have at home) to punch a very small hole into the end of you lip balm or lip gloss tube. Be sure to not get too close to the edge or to punch into the product itself. This hole punch worked perfect for us on the smallest setting.
2. Choose a pom pom keychain to go with your lip balm.
3. Place the clasp on your pom pom keychain through the punched hole in your lip balm.
4. If using keychains (like the macrame ones) that have a clasp that’s too thick, attack a one inch keyring to the keychain.
5. Attach your lipbalm to the one inch keyring.
Hang these on your backpack, dance bag, use them for keys…. the sky’s the limit!