This homemade Father’s Day card for kids to make is perfect for the sport-loving dad, especially basketball! It’s a simple craft using an egg carton combined with a free printable card, making it a special keepsake.
This post contains affiliate links.
This DIY basketball Father’s Day card is super easy and absolutely perfect for dads who love sports! I love that it’s a combo of a simple craft using an egg carton with a free printable card. After creating their memorable basketball card for Dad, kids can add a special message. This is definitely a keeper!
Basketball Father’s Day Card for Kids
Materials for Basketball Themed Father’s Day Card
- Orange card stock or construction paper
- White card stock
- Empty egg carton
- Orange and black paint and paintbrushes
- Liquid glue
- Glue stick
- Free Printable PDF Card
Directions for Basketball Themed Father’s Day Card
1. Use scissors to cut one section of an empty egg carton. Trim around the bottom so the egg carton piece lays flat on the surface.
2. Paint the entire egg carton piece orange. Then use black paint to add the lines to your orange egg carton to make it look like a basketball.
3. Print out the free printable card onto white card stock. Cut out the basketball card along the black boarder.
4. Cut your orange cardstock or construction paper to about 5.5 inches x 8.5 inches (large enough that when you glue your basketball card onto it, you have a nice orange border).
5. Use the glue stick to glue the template to the orange paper.
6. Glue the egg carton backetball to the card with a strong liquid glue or hot glue gun. Let it dry.
7. Sign your card. You can even write a special message!