Making homemade decorations together is one of our favorite ways to get ready for any upcoming holiday. I especially love when they are kid-made! Read below to see how we made this glittery spiderweb and spider Halloween craft for kids!
*This article was originally posted on October 11, 2013 and has since been updated.
Are you following our Halloween for Kids Pinterest board?
I have to admit Halloween is the one holiday we have the least amount of decorations for. Luckily I have two kids that are very willing to help build up our stash of Halloween decor with Halloween crafts for kids (like our super cute hanging bat craft)!
This glittery spiderweb and spider decoration was super easy to make. I especially love how it looks when the sun is hitting it just right~ lots of sparkle! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Glittery Spiderweb and Spider Halloween Decoration
- Liquid glue
- Black glitter
- Wax paper
- Black string
- Black chenille stems (pipe cleaners)
- Black pompom
- Googly eyes
1. Tear off a piece of wax paper and place it on a flat surface. (Make sure you are using wax paper and not parchment paper or other baking paper. The wax on the paper is what makes the craft able to peel off once it is dry.)
2. Draw your spiderweb with the liquid glue. (Make sure the lines are fairly thick. Lines that are too thin could end up tearing.)
3. Cover the entire spiderweb with black glitter.
4. Gently shake off the excess glitter. (We shake it off onto a paper plate and then pour it back into the glitter holder to be reused.)
5. Let it dry completely. Ours took about 24 hours to dry.
6. Gently peel the spiderweb off the wax paper.
7. Now it’s time to make your spider. We took one black pompom and wrapped some short black pipe cleaners around it to make 8 legs. Then we glued on two eyes.
8. Attach your spider to the cobweb with black string.
Hang it anywhere you’d like to add a festive touch for Halloween! We put ours right next to our nature table!
If you liked this post, you might enjoy these as well: