Making homemade decorations together is one of our favorite ways to get ready for any upcoming holiday. I especially love when they are kid-made! Read below to see how we made this glittery spiderweb and spider Halloween decoration!
I have to admit Halloween is the one holiday we have the least amount of decorations for. Luckily I have two kids that are very willing to help build up our stash of Halloween decor!
This glittery spiderweb and spider decoration was super easy to make. I especially love how it looks when the sun is hitting it just right~ lots of sparkle! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Glittery Spiderweb and Spider Halloween Decoration
1. Tear off a piece of wax paper and place it on a flat surface.
2. Draw your spiderweb with the liquid glue. (Make sure the lines are fairly thick. Lines that are too thin could end up tearing.)
3. Cover the entire spiderweb with black glitter.
4. Gently shake off the excess glitter. (We shake it off onto a paper plate and then pour it back into the glitter holder to be reused.)
5. Let it dry completely. Ours took about 24 hours.
6. Gently peel the spiderweb off the wax paper.
7. Now it’s time to make your spider. We took one black pompom and wrapped some short black pipe cleaners around it to make 8 legs. Then we glued on two eyes.
8. Attach your spider to the cobweb with black string.
Hang it anywhere you’d like to add a festive touch for Halloween! We put ours right next to our nature table!
If you liked this post, you might enjoy these as well: