Planning simple Christmas activities for kids is an easy and fun way to build on children’s excitement for the upcoming holiday! I put together this colorful felt Christmas tree activity that both my kids loved playing with!
I remember being so excited as a child as waiting for Christmas to come. Now I still have that same joy, but the happiness comes from watching my children’s excitement grow as each day passes. I love making little Christmas activities and crafts for them to do to celebrate and prepare for the arrival of Christmas.
I set this felt Christmas tree activity up for the kids one day after school. It was so fun watching them decorate the felt trees with all the colorful circles. This Christmas activity would also make a fun classroom center!
It’s very easy to make and set up. You’ll just need a few materials! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!)
Decorate the Felt Christmas Tree Activity for Kids
Materials for Felt Christmas Tree Activity
- Styrofoam cones
- Green felt (enough to cover your foam cones)
- Scraps of felt in assorted colors
- Gold paper
- Glue (I used spray glue and hot glue gun.)
How to Make the Felt Christmas Trees & Ornaments
2. Trim off the excess felt.
3. Use a glue gun to secure the edge of the felt down along the side of the tree.
4. If you’d like to add a star on top, glue a star shaped piece of gold paper onto a toothpick. Then just press the toothpick right into the foam on the top of the tree!
5. Follow the previous steps to make as many felt Christmas tress as you’d like!
6. . To make the felt ornaments I simply cut out a bunch of little circles from my felt scraps.
Playing with the Felt Christmas Tree
Both Theo and Lucy enjoyed decorating the felt Christmas trees by placing each circle on the tree one at a time. Then Lucy thought it would be fun to roll the Christmas tree all around in the felt circles and see how it looked! The kids loved that the ornaments could be removed and rehung in any way they wanted over and over!
I love how these little felt trees can be left out as holiday decorations and played with whenever the mood strikes. I’m also thinking they’ll become a part of a Christmas small world play scene soon!
You might also be interested in these posts: