Thanksgiving crafts for kids provide a great way for children to be involved in all the Thanksgiving preparations. This beaded napkin ring is such an easy craft for kids and turns out beautiful! (Be sure to link up all your Thanksgiving themed posts at the end of this post!)
Aren’t these beaded napkin rings so cute? I just love how they turned out! And, I think they’ll be just perfect for decorating our table for Thanksgiving! I especially love that they were created by the kids themselves. Lucy and Theo feel such a sense of pride when they are able to help prepare for different holidays and events.
This Thanksgiving craft for kids is great for a wide variety of ages. Even my 2 year old was able to thread the beads onto the wire on his own. He had a blast, and this activity really kept him occupied for quite some time. (Of course, DO NOT leave a young child unattended with small beads as they pose a choking hazard.)
And the very best part~ You’ll only need a few materials for these beaded napkin rings! I used glass beads and thin wire, but you could easily adapt this craft for any type of bead and possibly even use pipe cleaners depending on the size of the openings in your beads. (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids: Beaded Napkin Ring
- Glass beads in fall colors (similar to these glass beads)
- Thin wire (similar to this wire)
- Scissors or a wire cutter
Directions for Making Beaded Napkin Rings
1. Place you beads in a container that’s easily accessible to your child.
2. Cut one piece of wire about 6 inches long. Twist a loop on one side of the wire to keep the beads from falling off.
3. Add various fall colored beads to the wire. Leave about 1-1.5 inch at the top.
4. Bring both ends of the wire together and twist many times to secure.
5. Cut off the extra wire. I used some pliers to press the cut ends down.
6. Place the beaded napkin rings on your napkin to admire!
Now it’s your turn! We’d love for you to share how you
Discover and Explore: Thanksgiving!
Currently Open- Thanksgiving
November 13th- Cooking with Kids
November 20th- Life Skills
November 27th- Gifts
December 4th- December Holidays
Please read the following guidelines for sharing:
- Share family-friendly posts related to the weekly topic — kids activities, crafts, recipes, nature outings, printables, etc.
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post including one photo in our weekly feature post and on social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that have linked up, find some new ideas & meet new friends!
- If you’d like, grab a button for your post — we love to share and want to find lots of great activities to highlight for you!
The linky will remain open for one week. Then all five co-hosts will feature activities in a separate post the Friday after the linky closes. All featured posts will be shared on the Discover and Explore Pinterest Board. (Be sure to follow so you don’t miss any features!)
Don’t forget to follow all my amazing co-hosts to see what they’re sharing this week!