Thanksgiving crafts for kids provide a great way for children to be involved in all the Thanksgiving preparations. This beaded napkin ring is such an easy craft for kids and turns out beautiful!
*This post was originally published on November 5, 2013 and has since been updated.
Are you following our Thanksgiving for Kids Pinterest board?
Aren’t these beaded napkin rings so cute? I just love how they turned out! And, I think they’ll be just perfect for decorating our table for Thanksgiving! I especially love that they were created by the kids themselves. Lucy and Theo feel such a sense of pride when they are able to help prepare for different holidays and events.
This Thanksgiving craft for kids is great for a wide variety of ages. Even my 2 year old was able to thread the beads onto the wire on his own. He had a blast, and this activity really kept him occupied for quite some time. (Of course, DO NOT leave a young child unattended with small beads as they pose a choking hazard.)
And the very best part~ You’ll only need a few materials for these beaded napkin rings! I used glass beads and thin wire, but you could easily adapt this craft for any type of bead and possibly even use pipe cleaners depending on the size of the openings in your beads. (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids: Beaded Napkin Ring
- Glass beads in fall colors (similar to these glass beads)
- Thin wire (similar to this wire)
- Scissors or a wire cutter
Directions for Making Beaded Napkin Rings
1. Place you beads in a container that’s easily accessible to your child.
2. Cut one piece of wire about 6 inches long. Twist a loop on one side of the wire to keep the beads from falling off.
3. Add various fall-colored beads to the wire. Leave about 1-1.5 inch at the top.
4. Bring both ends of the wire together and twist many times to secure.
5. Cut off the extra wire. I used some pliers to press the cut ends down.
6. Place the beaded napkin rings on your napkin to admire!