Here’s a fun craft to add to your collection of weather activities for kids– a homemade weather mobile craft using a small branch. Kids can illustrate different weather symbols and hang them in their mobile to see throughout the year!
Follow Buggy and Buddy on Pinterest!
Weather has always been one of my students’ favorite science topics to explore. This easy craft for kids makes a great addition to any weather unit. In this art project children illustrate different weather symbols and create a beautiful mobile using natural materials combined with their very own artwork. I love how cheerful these weather mobiles look hanging up! (This post contains affiliate links.)
Weather Mobile Craft for Kids
Materials for Weather Mobile Craft
- Art paper (We used The Ultimate Art Paper– one of our favorites and very inexpensive.)
- Oil pastels
- Watercolor paint (We used Colorations Liquid Watercolor.)
- Small branch
Directions for Weather Mobile Craft
1. Draw some weather symbols on your art paper using oil pastels. We drew a rainbow, raincloud, some raindrops, lightning, and sun.
2. Paint over your weather designs using watercolor paint, and let them dry.
3. Cut out your weather symbols.
4. Tape a piece of string to the back of each symbol. Tie the weather symbols onto different locations of a branch to create a weather mobile.
5. Hang your weather mobile craft and enjoy!