This cute pom pom spider craft is perfect for Halloween! This simple craft for kids would make a great activity for a classroom Halloween party and would also be a fun activity to do together as a family to decorate for Halloween!
Follow our Halloween for Kids Pinterest board!
The kids and I have started getting busy making our Halloween decorations for this year- starting with this cute pom pom spider craft! (Last year we made these mini pumpkin spiders and these hanging toilet paper roll bats.)
These pom pom spiders were super easy to make and both Theo (age 4) and Lucy (age 7) were able to do the activity pretty much on their own. This post contains affiliate links.
Pom Pom Spider Craft for Kids
Materials for Pom Pom Spider Craft for Kids
- Black pom poms (Our pompoms were size 2-inch.)
- Black construction paper
- Scissors or paper cutter (I LOVE having this personal paper cutter at home.)
- Liquid glue
- Googly eyes (We used googly eye stickers similar to these.)
- Optional: Black thread or string
Directions for Pom Pom Spider Craft for Kids
1. Each spider will need 4 strips of black construction paper. Our strips were 9 inches x 1/2 inches.
2. Accordion fold each strip of black paper.
3. Stack the accordion-folded strips of paper staggered a bit and glue together in the center of each strip.
4. Glue a black pom pom in the center.
(If you want to be able to hang your spider, tie some black thread or string around your pompom before gluing it to the legs.)
5. Glue or stick googly eyes on your spider.
Use your cute pompom spiders to decorate your home or classroom for Halloween!
Ideas and Tips
- Use various sizes of pom poms and paper strips to make a spider family.
- Make your own black pom pom using yarn. This post has different ways you can make your own pom poms.
- Read some spider-themed children’s books. Here are some of our favorites: The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle, Spiders by Gail Gibbons, and Diary of a Spider by Doreen Cronin.