This week’s Discover & Explore theme is pumpkins! We are huge lovers of fall and Halloween crafts here so I am so excited to be able to share this simple pumpkin craft that serves as both a decoration and treat holder! (Be sure to link up all your pumpkin themed posts at the end of this post.)
While searching through our create box at home, we came across the perfect materials to make a little pumpkin. It turned out so cute we made quite a few more to decorate our house for fall and Halloween! The pumpkins are very simple to make and can also serve as cute little packages for treats! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Pumpkin Decoration and Treat Holder
- Cardboard tube (toilet paper roll or paper towel roll)
- Orange tissue paper
- Green pipe cleaners
- Little treat like wrapped candy or stickers (optional)
1. Cut your cardboard tube into the size you’d like your little pumpkin to be.
2. Cut out a circle from the orange tissue paper and place the cardboard tube in the center.
3. If you’ll be using this to hold a little treat like a Halloween sticker or wrapped candy, place that in the tube.
4. Fold up all the sides of the tissue paper around the cardboard tube.
5. Twist them at the top to secure them. This becomes the stem for the pumpkin.
6. Twist a green pipe cleaner around the stem and use a pencil or marker to wrap the pipe cleaner around to form little spirals.
8. Display your pumpkin craft for fall!
We put all our completed pumpkins near our nature table. The kids love to rearrange them on the table and often involve them in play during the day. Such a fun and cute little craft for fall!
Now it’s your turn! We’d love for you to share how you
Discover and Explore: Pumpkins!
Currently Open- Pumpkins
October 2nd- Community Helpers
October 9th- Halloween
October 16th- Dinosaur & Fossil Fun
October 23rd- Creating with Natural Materials
Please read the following guidelines for sharing:
- Share family-friendly posts related to the weekly topic — kids activities, crafts, recipes, nature outings, printables, etc.
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post including one photo in our weekly feature post and on social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that have linked up, find some new ideas & meet new friends!
- If you’d like, grab a button for your post — we love to share and want to find lots of great activities to highlight for you!
The linky will remain open for one week. Then all five co-hosts will feature activities in a separate post the Friday after the linky closes. All featured posts will be shared on the Discover and Explore Pinterest Board. (Be sure to follow so you don’t miss any features!)
Don’t forget to follow all my amazing co-hosts to see what they’re sharing this week!