We are huge lovers of fall and Halloween crafts here so I am so excited to be able to share this simple pumpkin craft for kids that serves as both a decoration and treat holder!
Are you following our Halloween for Kids Pinterest board?
While searching through our create box at home, we came across the perfect materials to make a little pumpkin. It turned out so cute we made quite a few more to decorate our house for fall and Halloween! The pumpkins are very simple to make and can also serve as cute little packages for treats! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Pumpkin Decoration and Treat Holder
Materials for Pumpkin Decoration
- Cardboard tube (toilet paper roll or paper towel roll)
- Orange tissue paper
- Green pipe cleaners
- Little treat like wrapped candy or stickers (optional)
Directions for Pumpkin Decoration
1. Cut your cardboard tube into the size you’d like your little pumpkin to be.
2. Cut out a circle from the orange tissue paper and place the cardboard tube in the center.
3. If you’ll be using this to hold a little treat like a Halloween sticker or wrapped candy, place that in the tube.
4. Fold up all the sides of the tissue paper around the cardboard tube.
5. Twist them at the top to secure them. This becomes the stem for the pumpkin.
6. Twist a green pipe cleaner around the stem and use a pencil or marker to wrap the pipe cleaner around to form little spirals.
8. Display your pumpkin craft for fall!
We put all our completed pumpkins near our nature table. The kids love to rearrange them on the table and often involve them in play during the day. Such a fun and cute little craft for fall!