Here’s a simple winter tree art project for kids using oil pastels. This art activity provides a wonderful way for children to explore different shades of cool, winter colors while creating their very own winter tree drawings!
Follow our Art for Kids Pinterest board!
I love how these winter tree drawings look so vibrant, and they’re actually very simple to make. This winter art project is perfect for kindergarten, first grade, and on up! This post contains affiliate links.
Winter Tree Art Project for Kids Using Oil Pastels
Materials for Winter Tree Art Project
- Black construction paper
- Oil Pastels (This set of 50 oil pastels how a nice variety of colors and is very inexpensive.)
- White tempera or acrylic paint
- Cotton swab
Directions for Winter Tree Art Project
1. Start by placing your black construction paper vertically in front of you.
2. Draw a trunk for your tree using different shades of brown oil pastels.
3. Add a top to your winter tree using different greens.
4. Use white and light blues to make snow on the ground.
5. Color in a vibrant, blue night sky.
6. To add snowflakes to your drawing, dip a cotton swab into some white tempera paint and dab the paint onto your paper.
7. Let your paint dry and display your finished artwork!
Looking for the perfect gift? Be sure to check out all our gift guides for kids!