Fall is the perfect time to make applesauce in the crock pot or slow cooker. We always make it without any sugar, and it tastes wonderful! It’s a great recipe for the kids to help out with too~ all the way from peeling the apples to eating it! I love recipes that invite kids in the kitchen with you. (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Making No-Sugar Crockpot Applesauce
- 8 apples
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Apple peeler (optional)
1. Peel, core, and slice your apples. (It’s fun to experiment with different types and combinations of apples for the applesauce. For this batch we used 4 honeycrisp, 2 fuji, and 2 grannysmith apples.)
2. Put sliced apples into a slow cooker. Cover with the juice of one orange.
3. Add 1/2 cup water and top with 2 cinnamon sticks.
4. Cook until the apples break up when stirred. We did ours on high for about 2 1/2 hours.
5. Eat warm or refrigerate for later!