I’m so thrilled to have the super talented, Asia, from Fun at Home with Kids guest posting today! Asia is one of the most talented people out there and is a major super star when it comes to just about anything kid-related- especially sensory play! You are going to LOVE all the fun ideas she’s sharing today!
Fun Ways to Keep the Kids Cool this Summer
I’m so excited to be guest posting here at Buggy and Buddy for my talented friend, Chelsey! My name is Asia and, like Chelsey, I’m a former classroom teacher. I write over at Fun at Home with Kids and with the summer weather nearly upon us, I thought I’d share six of our fun and easy ways to keep the kiddos cool this summer.
I’ll share a little about each idea with a link to the full recipe/directions below (moving in order from the top left to the bottom right):
2. Fizzy Rainbow Slush is one of our favorite summer sensory plays because it is not only super quick to put together, but it’s also so nice and cold when you pop it out of the fridge to play. You can make it in a rainbow like we’ve done above, or you can make two primary colors and let your child explore color mixing.
3. Magic Puffing Snow is always fun in the winter, but has the added bonus of adding some chilly play to a hot summer’s day. The snow will keep puffing over and over again for about an hour once you activate it.
4. If you don’t live near the water, you can transform your driveway or backyard into a giant frog pond! This was my son’s favorite summer activity ever when he was a baby.
5. If it’s too hot outside, you can cool down inside with some eerie glowing ice excavations.
6. And finally, if you don’t have a beach nearby, you can bring the beach to your house with our Edible Sand. It’s safe for babies and toddlers who are still mouthing, but still fun for older siblings. It feels just like real sand and will keep for years if stored in an airtight container without any exposure to moisture.