We love homemade valentines and are always on the lookout for fun valentine ideas. Here’s a simple and fun candy-free valentine your kids can help you put together using playdough. I’ve also included some free valentine printables to help make this valentine for kids even easier to put together!
Are you following our Valentine’s Day for Kids Pinterest board?
This playdough and cookie cutter valentine is one of our absolute favorites to make and pass out each year. It’s candy-free and so much fun to make and assemble with your child! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Homemade Playdough and Cookie Cutter Homemade Valentine for Kids
Materials for Homemade Valentine
- Homemade playdough (Here’s our favorite playdough recipe.)
- Heart shaped cookie cutters (Similar to these. I bought mine in the dollar bins at our local Target.)
- Clear treat bags
- Free valentine printable (link below in directions)
- Scissors & gluestick
- Optional: Cute scrapbooking paper (like this cute set)
Making the Homemade Valentine
1. Make your playdough and divide into individual portions. (The recipe linked above makes enough for 8 individual portions.) Roll each portion into a ball.
2. Place one playdough ball and one cookie cutter into a treat bag. Tie it closed with ribbon.
3. Print out the free valentine printables to use for valentine tags. There are two versions to choose from.
The first version is a bit larger and has a simple heart graphic. To use this version, I cut out the text and used a glue stick to attach it to some cute scrapbooking paper.
The other version is a bit smaller and actually fits onto shipping sized labels (2 inch x 4 inch). You can simply print the text out onto the labels and then peel and stick them onto your scrapbooking paper. Then cut them apart!
4. After preparing your valentine tags, punch a hole in the corner. There’s room below the text for your child to write his/her name if you’d like. Then just tie them to your ribbon.
5. Your valentines and done and ready to be passed out to your friends or classmates!
If you enjoyed this post you may also be interested in: ~ Stamping Hearts with Toilet Paper Roll ~ Heart Sun Catcher Craft for Kids