Here’s a fun activity for kids that combines learning shapes and art: sponge painted triangles! In this simple art activity children will use sponges and tempera paint to make a triangle collage!
Are you following our Math for Kids Pinterest board?
Stamping with sponges is one of my 3 year old’s favorite art techniques! (He loved making these sponge painted caterpillars!) So when Theo began showing an interest in learning shapes, I decided to combine his love of sponge painting with shapes and came up with our sponge stamped triangle collage! (This post contains affiliate links.)
Sponge Stamped Triangle Collage
Materials for Art Project
- Construction paper (We used black and white.)
- Tempera paints
- Regular kitchen sponges
- Paper plate
Directions for Art Project
1. Cut your sponges into various triangles. I made them different sizes and included isosceles, equilateral, and right triangles.
2. Squeeze some tempera paint onto your paper plate.
3. Dip a sponge triangle into the paint and stamp it onto the paper.
4. Continue with all different sizes and colors.
5. Explore using different colors of construction paper and paint colors to come up with all kinds of triangle collages!