We love learning games for kids, especially when they’re combined with things children are currently interested in. Here’s a simple Christmas game and coloring page just in time for all the Christmas excitement- Color the Christmas Ornaments! It’s a great way for kids to practice colors, as well as counting and comparing numbers.
Are you following our Free Printables Pinterest board?
If your family celebrates Christmas, then your kids are probably just as excited as mine for Christmas to finally arrive. Why not build on all that excitement with a fun Christmas learning game! This free printable is a Christmas coloring page and learning game all in one! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
Color the Christmas Ornaments Learning Game
Materials Needed for Color the Christmas Ornaments Learning Game
- Crayons, colored pencils, or markers
- One color die per child (I made mine by gluing different colored felt circles onto a wooden block. You can also just color directly onto your wooden block.)
- Free printable coloring page
1. Go over the 6 different colors on your die with your child making sure he/she recognizes the colors and has corresponding crayons available.
2. Have your child roll the color die. After identifying the color, he/she colors in any ornament on the tree with the matching color.
3. Have your child continue in this way until all ornaments have been colored.
4. Help your child answer the questions at the bottom of the free printable.
5. Your child can color in the rest of the coloring page when finished!
Differentiating the Learning Activity
- In addition to the learning game described above, you could also have your child make a simple bar graph of the colored ornaments or count the ornaments using tally marks. If your child is not yet ready for the questions at the bottom of the free printable, simply cut them off.
- This Christmas activity would also make a fun center to use in the classroom or for a holiday party!
Looking for gift ideas for Christmas? Check out all our gift guides for kids!