One of my favorite ways to teach counting and one to one correspondence is through play. Here’s over 20 super fun counting games and activities for kids that will inspire all kinds of learning through play!
Follow our Math for Kids Pinterest board!
(This post contains affiliate links.)
My preschooler, Theo, has been showing a strong interest in counting lately. He’ll often count his super cool Stackadoos as he’s building structures or his toy cars as he’s driving them around the house!
Because of his new interest in counting, we’ve been reading all kinds of children’s books about counting and numbers. It’s fun to sit together on our cozy couch and count various things in books and talk about numbers together. Another way I’ve been building off Theo’s interest in counting is with all kinds of hands-on math games. I’ve compiled a list of all my favorites and hope you find them as inspirational as I have!
20+ Counting Games and Activities for Kids
1. Rainy Day Math Game from My Nearest and Dearest
2. Counting Math Game for Kids from Buggy and Buddy
3. Counting with Ten Apples Up on Top! from Buggy and Buddy
4. One Fish Two Fish Counting Game from Mama Miss
5. Craft Stick Tactile Counting Game from Where Imagination Grows
6. Penguin Hop Counting Game from Fantastic Fun & Learning
7. Apple Bowling Math Counting Game from Coffee Cups and Crayons
8. Math Games: Counting, Egg Carton from Lessons Learnt Journal
9. Number Bubbles from Mama. Papa. Bubba.
10. Counting with Buttons and Muffin Cups from Mess for Less
11. Magnetic Ladybug Counting Set from Twodaloo on B-Inspired Mama
12. Caterpillar Counting from I Can Teach My Child
13. Fine Motor and Math Game for The Mixed Up Chameleon from Buggy and Buddy
14. Printable Counting Mat: Fill the Dump Truck from The Measured Mom
15. Preschool Numbers and Colors Grid Game from Little Bins for Little Hands
16. A Fun Way to Teach Counting from Thrive 360 Living
17. Math Game for Kids: Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons from Buggy and Buddy
18. Tea Time Math: Counting and Comparing Activity from Fantastic Fun and Learning
19. Firework Math Activity with Pompoms from Fun-A-Day!
20. Counting with Dice and Blocks from Hands On As We Grow
21. Penguin Small World Play from Thrive 360 Living
22. Math Games: Counting Boxes from Lessons Learnt Journal
23. Train Track Counting Activity from Play Trains!
Find more STEM activities in our ebook! Learn more about it here, or buy it now here!