Here’s a fun process art project perfect for Halloween– a friendly monster collage! Just grab some glue and craft materials you have around the house or classroom and invite your kids to create their own monster collages.
Follow our Art for Kids Pinterest board!
All the credit for this process art project goes to my daughter, Lucy! I walked into the art room one day to find her making colored glue all on her own and creating these monster collages. I love how open-ended this art project is, making it perfect for just about any age. Both Theo (preschool) and Lucy (2nd grade) had fun with this one! This post contains affiliate links.
Friendly Monster Collage Using Colored Glue
Materials for Friendly Monster Collage Process Art Project
- Liquid glue
- Liquid watercolors or food coloring (We used our favorite liquid watercolor paint.)
- Art paper (This is our favorite, and it’s very inexpensive!)
- Googly eyes in various sizes
- Sequins (or any other craft material you have: tissue paper squares, buttons, paper circles from a hole punch, tiny pieces of yarn etc.)
Directions for Friendly Monster Collage Using Colored Glue
2. Use your paintbrush to paint any shape with the colored glue onto your art paper. This will be your monster! (Lucy chose to paint her monster using cotton swabs.)
3. Stick some googly eyes and sequins (or any other craft materials you have) right onto your monster.
(Because the painting is glue, the craft materials stick right on, rather than tempera paint that dries quickly.)
4. Let your monster collage dry completely.
5. Leave it as is or cut it out and display!