It’s almost that time of year to start thinking up some fall crafts to do with the kids. One of our favorite fall crafts for kids is this simple and cute apple tree collage based on the illustrations from one of our most loved fall books, The Little Yellow Leaf. This autumn craft is great for almost any age, both my 2 and 5 year old both enjoyed it. Grab a few simple supplies and let your little ones help decorate your home for fall! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.)
One of our all time favorite fall books is The Little Yellow Leaf by Carin Berger. I am absolutely in love with the story~ all about facing your fears and the joy of friendship. It’s such an adorable story, and the illustrations are beautiful!
Lucy and I were inspired so much by the illustrations, we decided to make some apple trees collages!
Fall Craft for Kids: Apple Tree Collage
- Scrapbooking Paper
- 1-Inch Circle Punch
- Regular Hole Punch
- Blank paper (We create our collages in our art sketchbooks).
1. Cut out a tree trunk and branches using brown paper. We used some scrapbooking paper.
2. Glue the brown paper down to make a tree.
3. Punch out some large circles for leaves using your green paper. (We used green patterned scrapbooking paper. I kept the circles whole for mine, but Lucy wanted to cut them in the shapes of leaves.) Glue the leaves onto your tree.
4. Use the regular hole punch to cut out little red apples and glue them onto your tree.
This was such a fun and easy little craft to go with an absolutely wonderful book!