Here’s how to make a glitter spiderweb and pompom spider decoration for Halloween! This craft is fun to do together with kids of all ages!
Follow our Halloween for Kids Pinterest board!
I have to admit Halloween is the one holiday we have the least amount of decorations for. Luckily I have two kids that are very willing to help build up our stash of Halloween decor with Halloween crafts for kids (like our super cute hanging bat craft)!
This glittery spider web and spider decoration was super easy to make. I especially love how it looks when the sun is hitting it just right~ lots of sparkle! (This post contains affiliate links.)
Glitter Spider Web and Spider Halloween Decoration
Materials for Spider Web Craft for Kids
- Liquid glue
- Black glitter
- Wax paper
- Black string
- Black chenille stems (pipe cleaners)
- Black pompom
- Googly eyes
Directions for Spider Web Craft for Kids
1. Tear off a piece of wax paper and place it on a flat surface. (Make sure you are using wax paper and not parchment paper or other baking paper. The wax on the paper is what makes the craft able to peel off once it is dry.)
2. Draw your spider web with the liquid glue. (Make sure the lines are fairly thick. Lines that are too thin could end up tearing.)
3. Cover the entire spider web with black glitter.
4. Gently shake off the excess glitter. (We shake it off onto a paper plate and then pour it back into the glitter holder to be reused.)
5. Let it dry completely. Ours took about 24 hours to dry.
6. Gently peel the spider web off the wax paper.
7. Now it’s time to make your spider. We took one black pompom and wrapped some short black pipe cleaners around it to make 8 legs. Then we glued on two eyes.
8. Attach your spider to the cobweb with black string.
Hang it anywhere you’d like to add a festive touch for Halloween! We put ours right next to our nature table!