Here’s how kids can make an adorable, homemade flower card using just paper hearts! This easy craft for kids comes with a free printable template to make this project even easier. This cute DIY paper gift card can be used for Mother’s Day, birthdays, as homemade valentines and for other special holidays too!
Follow our Mother’s Day Ideas Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate links.
I absolutely love how simple this paper flower card is for kids to make. And the fact that it’s made with hearts makes it even extra special! Simply print out the free template found below, and you’re ready to get started. This card is not only perfect for Mother’s Day, but would also make a special birthday card or homemade valentine!
Homemade Mother’s Day Card
Materials for Homemade Mother’s Day Card
- Construction paper in various colors
- White construction paper
- White cardstock
- Liquid glue or gluestick
- Free printable template
- Pen or pencil
Directions for Making Homemade Mother’s Day Card
1. Print out the free template onto white cardstock.
2. Cut out the patterns from the template.
3. Trace eight small hearts on various colors of construction paper for the flower, and trace four small hearts on the green construction paper.
4. Cut out the traced hearts. (You could also color the hearts directly on the template and cut those out.)
5. Trace the medium-sized heart onto white construction paper and cut out.
6. Take the small, colored heart cut outs and fold them all into half vertically.
7. Place the white, medium-sized heart cutout on a flat surface and use liquid glue or a glue stick to attach the folded small hearts onto it, forming a flower. (Be sure to keep the pointy side of the hearts at the center and the curvy parts facing outward.)
8. Glue the 4 green heart cutouts next to the flower pattern to form leaves.
9. Take the double heart template and trace it onto a piece of colored construction paper. Cut out the pattern.
10. Fold the double heart pattern into half along the line between the 2 hearts to form the card.
11. Glue the decorated medium sized heart onto the front of the heart card.
12. Write your message in the card and give it to someone special!