These patriotic wands are perfect for waving around at parades and celebrating during the fourth of July, and the best part, they’re so easy to make!
This craft for kids was originally posted on Buggy and Buddy on June 2, 2013.
Are you following our Patriotic Crafts for Kids Pinterest board?
Here’s an easy to make craft for kids to celebrate the 4th of July~ patriotic wands! Kids can have fun cheering with the wands during parades or use them to celebrate during fireworks! (This post contains affiliate links to Amazon for your convenience.)
Patriotic Wand Craft for Kids
Materials for Patriotic Wand
- Wooden dowel (We used 1/4 in. x 12 in. similar to these)
- Screw eye (We used 1 and 1/8 in.)
- Various ribbons in patriotic colors
Directions for Patriotic Wands
1. Screw the screw eye into the top of the dowel. I was just able to do this using my hands. No tools needed!
2. Cut some ribbon any length you want. (Ours were about 20 inches long.)
3. Thread the ribbon, one at a time, through the loop and double knot it. (Lucy is at an age where she’s just learning to tie. I showed her how to hold the dowel steady between her knees while she tied the ribbon onto the hook.)
4. Tie as many ribbons as you’d like. On some of our wands we also added some star garland to give it extra sparkle!
Be sure not to miss these other activities for kids on Buggy and Buddy:
- Our Favorite Smooth Playdough Recipe
- 10 Awesome Homemade Marble Runs
- Science for Kids: Balancing Robots (Free Printable)