Here’s an easy to make craft for kids to celebrate 4th of July~ patriotic wands! Kids can have fun cheering with the wands during parades or use them to celebrate during fireworks!
(This post contains affiliate links to Amazon for your convenience.)
- wood dowel (We used 1/4 in. x 12 in. similar to these)
- screw eye (We used 1 and 1/8 in.)
- various ribbons
- Screw the screw eye into the top of the dowel. I was just able to do this using my hands. No tools needed!
2. Cut some ribbon any length you want. (Ours were about 20 inches long.)
3. Thread the ribbon, one at a time, through the loop and double knot it. (Lucy is at an age where she’s just learning to tie. I showed her how to hold the dowel steady between her knees while she tied the ribbon onto the hook.)
4. Tie as many ribbons as you’d like. On some of our wands we also added some star garland to give it extra sparkle!
Don’t forget to join the Buggy and Buddy community on Facebook where there’s even more ideas for creating and learning!