Kids will love adding their own embellished designs to wooden beads to make a unique bracelet– such a great fall craft for kids! This DIY bracelet craft is perfect to wear to celebrate autumn, and it would also make a great homemade gift for kids to create for someone special during the holiday season.
Follow our Crafts for Kids Pinterest board!
When it comes to crafts, I love simple! Just a few basic supplies are all your kids will need to make these funky fall bracelets! And kids love the added element of creating their own designs right on the beads! (This post contains affiliate links.)
Fall Craft for Kids: Bracelet with Embellished Beads
Materials for Bracelet Craft for Kids with Embellished Beads
- Hemp Cord (We received ours from Craftprojectideas.com.)
- An assortment of wood beads (We also received these from Craftprojectideas.com.)
- Metallic Sharpies
- Toothpick (optional)
- Tape (optional)
Directions for Fall Bracelet Craft for Kids
1. Start by decorating some of the wood beads with the metallic Sharpies. You can make zig zags, polka dots, lines- any kind of design you’d like!
(I found it helpful to stick a toothpick through the bead I was decorating to help me hold it in place as I was drawing on it.)
2. Cut a piece of hemp cord (or any other thing string) to make the bracelet. I like to tie a bead on one end to keep the beads I string onto the cord from falling off.
3. String the wood beads onto your hemp cord. (If you are having difficulty getting the end of the cord through the bead, you can wrap a piece of tape around the end to stiffen it.)
4. Once you are finished, tie the two ends of your hemp cord together.
5. Cut off the extra cord. You’re done!
I love how unique these turned out! Wouldn’t they a be great homemade gift for kids to make for someone special during the holidays?